New travel endorsement form

Are you planning on traveling abroad?  Please make sure your documents are ready for travel too!  When you travel you should carry with you (on your person, not in checked luggage):

  • Valid Passport (valid at least 6 months into the future)

  • Valid F-1 or J-1 visa stamp (may not be required for visits fewer than 30 days to Mexico, Canada or the contiguous islands.  Please consult an OIS advisor if you are traveling to those locations with an expired visa.)

  • Most recent I-20 or DS-2019 signed for travel within 6 months of your return date.  (Check for the travel signature on the 2nd or 3rd page of your I-20 or the box in the lower right-hand corner of the DS-2019)

  • It is also recommended that you carry with you your funding documentation and proof of enrollment at NC State.

  • Students on OPT need to carry the EAD card and job offer letter in addition to the documents listed above.

If you need a new travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019, please bring your document to the OIS front desk along with the travel endorsement form.  OIS has a new travel endorsement form with more comprehensive data collection. To fill it out you will need your passport and visa information, as well as expected travel dates. You can drop the request off at your convenience.  It will be ready to pick up two to five business days later, depending on the time of year.  We generally cannot do same day signatures, so please plan ahead.

It is expected that all students will return to campus by January 6th, the first day of classes for the Spring 2016 semester.If you may arrive late, please review our webpage for additional information on documentation you need to carry and/or provide to OIS.

As always, talk to your OIS advisor if you have specific questions or concerns regarding travel.  Have a safe and happy trip!