Triangle Edition: Alternative Intercultural Service Break
Want to explore more of North Carolina with other NC State students? Want to learn more about the Triangle while also participating in meaningful service? Join OIS and fellow NC State students on a local Spring Break trip centralized in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill North Carolina. We’ll spend the week participating in activities and making new friends while we explore North Carolina. Week activities include service learning projects, tours of downtown Durham and Raleigh, cultural presentations, a day-trip to Wilmington, NC and more!
Since 2017, this trip has offered International Students housing over Spring Break, a chance to interact and serve the community, and a way to build friendships and bonds with other students on campus. The trip has been modified this year to allow students to have more control over their trip experience and to provide the most affordable options for students. Students can choose from the following trip variations:
- Three-Day Service Experience (Sunday – 03/13, Monday – 03/14, Tuesday – 03/15)
- Three-Day Service Experience (Sunday – 03/13, Wednesday – 03/16, Thursday – 03/17)
- Five-Day Service Experience (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- Optional Day Trip to Wilmington, NC (Friday, March 18th – Available to anyone who participates throughout the trip.)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of the trip?
Our office is aiming to provide the most affordable trip to students looking to get involved this Spring Break. Since this trip is locally based housing will not be provided and has reduced a major portion of the cost to students. The three-day service experience is $15 and the five-day service experience is $25. The trip cost will cover transportation to the service sites, engagement activities, and some meals.
Who can attend the trip?
The trip is open to any NC State student or scholar including Undergraduate, Graduate, Exchange, PhD, Scholars, and IEP students. This trip is inclusive of both international and domestic students.
What is the time commitment?
The time commitment varies depending on the service experience you choose. Our office also host optional engagement opportunities that vary in length. Students are expected to attend the entire timeframe of the dates they choose.
AISB Triangle Edition Schedule
- Sunday, March 13 | Team Orientation | 6 PM – 8 PM
- Monday, March 14 | Service Day #1 | 8 AM – 6 PM
- Tuesday, March 15 | Service Day #2 | 8 AM – 6 PM
- Wednesday, March 16 | Service Day #3 | 7:30 AM – 6 PM
- Thursday, March 17 | Service Day #4 | 8 AM – 6 PM
AISB Triangle Edition Optional Events
- Sunday, March 13th | Durham Bulls Game | 12 PM – 5 PM
- Tuesday, March 15th | Downtown Raleigh Walking Tour | 6 PM – 9 PM
- Thursday, March 17th | Bowling | 6 PM – 9 PM
- Friday, March 18th | Day Trip to Wilmington, NC | 8 AM – 11 PM
I’m interested! How do I apply for the trip?
Students interested in applying for the Alternative Intercultural Service Break: Triangle Edition can complete the application form by Wednesday, March 9th at 8 AM.
Once your application is reviewed our office will reach out to you. When you are accepted you will receive a confirmation email from our office including the payment link for the trip. This payment must be made to confirm your spot on the trip.
|Morning||Service Project||Documentary Viewing||Service Project||School Cultural Presentations||Day-Trip to Wilmington, NC (Optional Activity)|
|Afternoon||Durham Bulls Baseball Game (Optional Activity)||Experiential Activity and Reflection||Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC Service Project and Reflection||Cultural Presentation Preparation and Reflection||Team Building Activity and Reflection||NC Aquarium Visit (Optional Activity)|
|Evening||AISB Team Orientation||Walking Tour of Downtown Raleigh (Optional Activity)||Bowling (Optional Activity)||Explore Downtown Wilmington (Optional Activity)|