Schedule OIS Check-In
Check-in with OIS is required by law for all new F-1 and J-1 international students, including transfer students. The check-in process has two parts and both must be completed in order to successfully complete the check-in requirement.
- Completion of check-in forms in your Global Home account
- Attendance at a check-in session
Who Must Attend Check-in
- International students (F-1 and J-1 visa) must attend a check-in session upon arrival to NC State. This includes students matriculating from the Intensive English Program and transfer students.
- Students on other visas (H-1, H-4, F-2, etc.) should NOT attend the OIS Check-in session, as it is not a requirement of those visas.
- Dependents on J-2 visas are required to check in with OIS. Please complete the Dependent Check-in Form to schedule a J-2 check-in appointment.
Required Steps Before Your Check-in Session
IMPORTANT – OIS will not be able to register your SEVIS record until these steps have been completed.
Before attending an OIS Check-in session, new students need to complete the following tasks:
You will be required to upload certain documents into your Global Home account as part of this process. The required documents are:
- I-20 (F-1 students) or DS 2019 (J-1 students)
- Passport bio page and US visa stamp
- Your I-94 from your most recent entry into the United States (Click “GET MOST RECENT I-94”, then click “CONSENT & CONTINUE”, then enter your information to print your I-94; if your I-94 is returned “Not Found,” please let OIS know during your check-in session)
You can complete this task by navigating to the MyPack Portal > Student Homepage > Personal Information tile. You will then click on Addresses (left side menu), scroll down, and click ‘Add SEVIS Local Address’. The address should follow these formatting guidelines:
- ADDRESS LINE 1: Your house or building’s street number and street name. Do NOT include your name or apartment complex name in line 1. Example: 1234 Wolfpack Dr.
- ADDRESS 2: Additional information, such as your apartment number and/or apartment name. Do NOT include city, state, or zip code information in line 2. Example 1: Apt 302 Example 2: Valentine Commons, Building C Apartment 101
- ADDRESS 3: Leave blank
- CITY: Enter your city. Example: Raleigh
- STATE: Enter your state. Example: NC
- POSTAL: Enter the 5 digit postal code, also called a “zip code”. Example: 27123
- COUNTY: You may leave this blank.
Fall 2020 Check-in Session Schedule
Fall 2020 check-in sessions will be conducted remotely through Zoom. New F-1 and J-1 students will be required to attend one of the sessions below. Each session will last approximately 1.5 hours and registration will be required in order to attend. New students can log in to their Global Home account now to register for a check-in sessions. Registration is located on the home screen as soon as you log in to Global Home.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 at 1:30pm EDT
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 1:30pm EDT
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:30pm EDT