Before you sign your lease
A lease is an oral or written, and signed contract between a landlord and tenant and is legally binding. A lease can benefit both the landlord and the tenant because the obligations of each are in writing. A lease is negotiable before signing. It is difficult to break a lease so it is very important that you read your lease carefully to be sure you understand the terms specified. If you have any questions or if you have trouble understanding the lease, please make an appointment with an attorney at Student Legal Services (919.515.7091), located in 334 Harrelson Hall. This service is free of charge to you.
University Housing (On campus housing)
The University Housing Office provides comfortable housing in residence hall communities at reasonable prices. Several residence halls, such as Alexander Hall and Turlington Hall, pair American and international students as roommates. Residence halls also offer unique cross-cultural programs such as ethnic dinners, lectures, and cultural events. E.S. King Village is N.C. State’s student family housing complex. The main goal of E.S. King Village is to provide a safe, well-maintained, comfortable living environment with reasonable rental rates.
Off Campus Housing
Raleigh is a rapidly developing city and securing affordable off campus housing may be a challenge due to the current demand and expense of rental units. Therefore it is important to try and secure accommodations as early as possible. Below, please find a list of resources to aide you in your search:
- North Carolina State University (NC State) Housing | Uloop
- Facebook group: NCSU Off campus Housing
- The Apartment Guide
- Temporary Living Company: Temporary Living Company offers to faculty, staff and students of N. C State University fully furnished accommodations in Raleigh and surrounding areas of North Carolina. The rentals offered have flexible lease terms at competitive rates.
- PC Housing: PC Housing offers beautifully furnished short term rentals. Many units include full size kitchens, washer & dryer, phone, internet, TV & DVD and can be pet-friendly.
- ABODO: Search for apartment rentals by price range, desired neighborhood, number of rooms, and more.
Please note that these resources are not associated with NC State. They are listed here merely to assist you in your search for housing.
Please note that these hotels are not associated with NC State. They are listed here merely because they are located in the vicinity of NC State and because they are easily approachable by CAT bus or Wolfline. Please check customer reviews before reserving a hotel.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Raleigh
- Clarion Hotel State Capitol, Raleigh
- Days Inn, Raleigh Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown
- Cameron Park Inn, Raleigh
- Double Tree, Raleigh
- Red Roof Inn, Raleigh
You can also check the hotels near RDU airport and take TTA bus 100 to Main campus. To plan your trip from the hotel, please check:http://www.gotriangle.org/ Keep in mind that Wolfline buses are free, while there is a small charge for CAT and TTA buses.
Many off-campus apartments include some utilities in the price of their rent. However, some utilities are left to the tenant to purchase. Here are some companies that offer utilities in the area: