Global Graduate: Danny Patino

Danny Patino, Master’s Degree in Poultry Science

About Danny

Danny Patino Prado is the first of two siblings of Marcia Prado and Hilter Patino. He was born in Quito, Ecuador. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Food Science from Zamorano University, Honduras. Before he moved to Raleigh to pursue his master’s degree in Poultry Science with a minor in animal nutrition, he was part of the poultry research staff at Auburn University. He also has experience in the animal feed industry in Ecuador. In January 2021, he was accepted to start his master’s degree under Dr. Michael Joseph’s supervision.

Danny Patino Prado Headshot

How was your experience at NC State?

NC State University is one of the places that I always wanted to study and finally it happened on the day that I was accepted into Graduate School. My experience at NC State University is one of the best experiences of my life where I have the opportunity to study in one of the top schools in the United States, make friends from different cultures and countries, and create a lot of connections around the world. In addition, NC State University offers an excellent program that allows me to take full advantage of everything that the program offers. Therefore, these advantages have been preparing me day by day as a better professional in animal agriculture.

What are your plans post graduation?

My plan post-graduation is to support the animal feed industry. Therefore, I would like to work in a multinational company that allows me to support Latin America and the United States. I am sure that with all of the knowledge and experiences that NC State University provided me day by day, I am ready to create an impact and support anywhere that the future holds for me.

What would you say is your biggest accomplishment from your time at NC State?

I had the opportunity to present my research at the International Poultry Science Forum and I was awarded for excellent oral presentation.

Out of 200 participants across the United States, only four received recognition.

Do you have any advice for current or incoming students?

My advice to current or incoming students is that hard work and determination conquers all. Therefore, always be prepared for anything and do not forget to have a plan B, C, or Z.