Global Graduate: Hang Nguyen

Hang Nguyen, Bachelors Degree in Math and Statistics

About Hang

Hang Nguyen is a senior graduating with Math and Statistics B.S.es and a minor in French. Born in Vietnam, she moved to North Carolina at fourteen and has considered Raleigh her home ever since. Throughout her time at NC State, she had the pleasure of volunteering in CCAP and serving as a study abroad orientation leader, as well as participating in the Campus Conversations Project as a facilitator. Hang is a part of the University Honors Program and Math Honors Program, and worked as a biostatistics student researcher at the Center for Research in Scientific Computation. She is very excited to begin her Ph.D. in Statistics at the University of Virginia next fall.

How was your experience at NC State?

I loved the people at NC State, they have supported me and encouraged me to dream big and pursue my passions. Even though we lost 1.5 yrs to COVID, I had a great time here and made wonderful friends.

What are your plans post graduation?

I’m pursuing a Ph.D. in Statistics at the University of Virginia.

What would you say is your biggest accomplishment from your time at NC State?

I worked at the Center for Research in Scientific Computation as a student researcher, which is affiliated with the math department. It was the first job I ever had and I’m very proud of my work there.

Do you have any advice for current or incoming students?

Find a small group of people who always have your back even when life gets hard.